Profile – Construction
- 1980s-1994 Served an architectural apprenticeship with two firms: Swaback Partners in Scottsdale, Arizona and Kevin Canes at the Glen Ivy Hot Springs Resort in Corona, CA. Responsibilities expanded from simple drafting, to designing tenant improvements, to project architect of a number of housing and facilities projects (residential and resorts).
- 1972-2006 With the exception of the years employed by Swaback Partners and Glen Ivy Hot Springs Resort, I have continually maintained a design—build company specializing in residential remodeling and new construction. Detailed remodeling (kitchens and baths, built-ins and period styling) has been a specialty, but project size has ranged to new structures of 4 to 6,000 sq ft. In the process I have become proficient in most residential trades – preferring a hands-on approach to building.
- Periodically since 1975 Held contractor licenses in Oregon, Arizona, and Massachusetts.
- Yale University, New Haven, CT (1968) BA degree.
- University of Oregon, Eugene OR. (71-72) BArch degree.
- From 2007 National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI – Atlanta). 3 years service on the Marketing Committee.
- From 2008 American Institute of Architects (AIA – Atlanta) – Associate Member. Co-chair of the 2010-2011 High School Student Design Competition.
- From 2007 The Fuller Center – Atlanta chapter.
- From 2008 President, South Garden Court Homeowners Association.